Satin Bubble Mini Dress Prom Formal Holiday Party Cocktail Gown Bridesmaid
|Average Customer Review: ( 14 customer reviews )
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
6 of 7 found the following review helpful:
Cocktail Dress Feb 14, 2010
Dress is of excellent quality. The material is rich in color and material. The rhnestones are brilliant. The dress also came with a scarf like shoulder wrap. The size was well proportioned.
3 of 3 found the following review helpful:
Great dress Aug 26, 2010
By M. G.
After trying on many $150 and $200 dresses that looked awful on my 13 year old, we ordered this. It looks great on her. The rhinestones are pretty, I'm glad it has some kind of straps to hold it up, rather than strapless, and I love the look of the flounces at the bottom. She had such a hard time finding a flattering dress, that if you are in that predicament, I'd definitely recommend this one. Good quality for the price. This worked much better for us than the very similar "Satin Prom Bubble Mini Holdiay" dress from same maker. Much more flattering for larger figure.
5 of 6 found the following review helpful:
Terrific little party dress Mar 14, 2010
By Karen S. Gentry
Great dress for a young teen. Modest, but flirty and shiny. My 13 year old daughter used this for a coming of age "ball" and she was perfectly dressed. I can also imagine this dress on a more mature girl and bet it would be a real hit. The perfect thing for many events.
1 of 1 found the following review helpful:
Buy It... If it suits you... Dec 18, 2012
Delivery: Great. Got it in 3 business days (1 day for them to process my order, 2 days to ship)
- Dress nips in around your waist and not underneath the breast (wasn't expecting this). Personally I feel it would be more flattering for my figure if it nipped in around under the breast.
- Be careful with the zipper. It gets a tad bit hard to pull where the top panel meets the bottom (the two panels that are divided by the rhinestones, though the are no rhinestones in the back, its still a bit difficult to pull and I would be extremely careful).
- Great fabric. Smooth Silky Satin. True to Description here :D
- Bottom falls limply for me. I'm not sure why... but I can't get it to fall like the picture where it does look as... dead... and weak... and pathetic...
- Rhinestones look gorgeous and seem secure.
~33.5" ~28" ~36"
- Ordered a Medium
- Dress fell to knees
- The bust was kind of loose for me... should have ordered a smaller size... but according to the sizing chart I ordered correctly?? Also with a small I would've looked fat since my waist is ~28" If the dress nipped in under the breast and then the fabric just cascaded loosly downwards from there it would've been more forgiving and I could try a smaller size. However the way it's designed is not forgiving towards a larger waistline, so something to keep in mind.
Conclusion: Beautiful dress, just not for me. So they're pretty quick about replying to your return requests. I had to pay for my own return shipping, which is fine, but it's just more convenient when the seller provides it.
A better alternative (if you have the time)... but first, the disclaimer...
Disclaimer: I am not writing this to promote Century 21 nor do I work for them or benefit from this in any way (I am NOT getting any loyalty points or referral points for writing this). This is solely for the benefit of other like-minded females who are shopping for the perfect dress for the this-won't-break-the-bank price.
So I was still looking for a really nice dress that I could wear to a semiformal/formal event. I purchased a really nice JAX black/blue satin knee length dress for $39.99 (original price was approx $168.00 so that's roughly 75% off and personally I feel JAX is a better brand than Pacific Plex). Last year I purchased a Jessica McClintock dress for $40-$50 at Century 21. I'm picky so I don't find something every time, so this is only a viable alternative if you don't need a dress immediately and have time to shop and look. If you live far away, try their online store (I would link you, but I don't think it's allowed, sorry!). The online selection is smaller but they're still great deals and great clothes! In terms of stores, I would highly recommend the one in downtown Manhattan because it's 6 floors of shopping heaven!!
Didn't fit properly. Oct 12, 2013
I sent this back. My daughter did not like it. It was uncomfortable and it looked like a big bubble at the bottom.
See all 14 customer reviews on Amazon.com